Family Law

family lawWhen husband and wife or long term partners separate, it is a time of great stress for all involved.

I will advise you on the various options available to you such as Mediation, Negotiated structured settlement, the Collaborative Family Law Process, and Litigation. It is in you interest both from a financial and emotional  cost perspective to see if agreement can be reached between you.
I particularly recommend the non contentious options of Mediation, Collaborative Family Law process or a negotiated structured settlement as a first option if it is at all practicable. These non contentious options are more likely to help you retain a reasonably good relationship going forward with your ex-spouse or partner which is very important if you have children. These options also tend to be less expensive. The contentious litigation route, while it is sometimes necessary, is generally both damaging to an ongoing coparenting relationship and more expensive.


Separation & Divorce

A legal separation can be a formal written agreement between the Parties or a Judicial Separation made by a Court.  Read more

Children: custody & access

When couples separate decisions need be made as to with whom and where the children will reside. Read More

Maintenance: children & spouse

Maintenance is the payment of regular financial support to a spouse or previous spouse in respect of the living expenses. Read more

Assets, property, pension

At the time of separation the Court looks at the totality of the assets held by both parties in order to decide fair and equitable division of these. Read More

Domestic violence

When violence becomes a problem in a relationship. Read more

Nullity of marriage

Annulment means that a valid marriage did not take place. A marriage may be declared null and void if… Read More

Pre-nuptial agreement

At present, pre-nuptial agreements are not recognised by the Court in Ireland. Read more

Civil partnership

Under the Civil Partnership Act of 2010 it is possible for same-sex couples to register a civil partnership. Read More